What you will visit:
The rich history of Mani and its people is reflected on its attractions and the rough character of Mani’s residents is ideally mirrored in the morphology of its place.
Anyone who decides to visit Mani should definetely see:
- The beautiful lake caves of Diros (with the impressive findings), Alepotripa and Vlihada.
- The Neolithic Civilization Museum of Diros
- The small Island of Kranai or Marathanissi with the traditional tower of Tzannetakis Grigorakis, built in 1829, which houses today the Historical and Ethnological Museum of Mani
- The famous Castle of Mystras, center of the Byzantine Empire of Paleologans.
- Tenaro, the most southern tip of mainland Europe, with the ancient temple of Posidon.
- Museum of Olive and Greek Olive Oil in Sparta
- Τhe domed tomb of Vafeios in Amykles
- The mansion of Mavromihaleoi in Areopoli.
- The Ancient Theatre of Gythio.
- The picturesque Limeni with the mansion of Mavromihalis.
- The 98 traditional settlements with historical interest.
- The 1000 Byzantine churches.
- The 800 towers (the characteristic building of Mani)
- The eight Medieval and Byzantine castles
- The imposing Taygetos with the rich flora and fauna, the herbs,the endemic plants and also the precipies and gorges.
What activities you can do
Mani is a unique place and its landscape is dominated the see, the stones and the sunlight. For those who are really active on their vacations, there are many activities to do, such as:
● Hiking: Simple walks aroung Areopoli to demanding ones to demanding excursions to the mountains of Mani.
● Hiking: Routes on smooth rural roads (paved with cement or soil) of light trafficm through olive trees and dry stones, accompanied by the song of cicida.
● Horse riding activities in the Horse Riding Club of Diros.
● Excursions by sea kayak or cruises excursions from the center of maritime activities in Limeni.
● Guiding Tour in the archeological sites of the area.
● Participation in the preparation of local products, olive harvesting of salt picking.
● Special route with 4×4 or motocycles on forest roads.
● Diving with spearfishing.
● Hunting on the mountain.
●Swimming in the deep blue seas of the Laconian and Messinian gulfs.
● Water sports such as SUP, water ski, canoe kayaking, sailing lessons.
Where to swim
If you would like to enjoy the sea more than anything, in Mani you will do it for sure in crystal clear waters and in special locations.
Here are some of the best beaches in Mani and their distance from Brazzo di Maina:
● Neo Itilo (600 m)
●Karavostassi (500 m)
● Limeni (3 km)
● Skoutari (19 km)
● Santa Barbara (20 km)
● Κότρωνας (23 χλμ)
● Skopa (23 km)
● Mavrovouni (24 km)
● Mesapos (26 km)
● Alipa (29 km)
● Gerolimenas (31 km)
● Valtaki or Shipwreck (32 km)
● Kalogria (32 km)
● Stoupa (32 km)
● Taxiarhis – Kokkala (33 km)
● Fonea (34 km)
● Kiparissos (36 km)
● Ampelo (39 km)
● Porto Kagio (45 km)
● Μarmari (45 km)
● Τenaro (48 km)
Don’t hesitate to contact us to give you more information and directions, even more to organiza your tavel experience in Mani.
Welcome to Mani!